Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 1 of the Recording Process

I do apologize for taking this long to write another post.  Unfortunately, nothing major has happened in the last week.

However, I have now started the process of recording my own material!  Yesterday afternoon, I began laying down guitar parts for my upcoming EP.  I am really excited to get the ball rolling on these songs.  I am working with a good friend of mine from high school, Grayson Palmer.  He is helping me by recording the material and providing input on the vocal melodies/arrangements of the songs.  He is very talented and I am really happy that he has decided to work with me.

The songs have been written within the last year.  They represent the culmination of my earliest attempts at songwriting.  I have written about 50 ideas within the last year and the songs for this EP represent the best of what I have written so far.

My plan is to have a Myspace page up and running soon with preliminary cuts of the songs.  I will try to keep everyone updated on how the recording process is going.  Hopefully, we can have the EP finished by October, so that I can start gigging because I miss playing live very much!

I will post links to the songs as soon as I have it all set up.

Thank you for reading.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment