Sunday, August 29, 2010

Great Weekend!

I had a really awesome weekend.  It started on Friday night with a great jam session at the home of the Director of Worship at PCC.  I met most of the worship musicians and I spent an evening playing original worship/Christian music written by the people that I was playing with.  It was a great evening of fellowship and music-making.

After the jam session, I went straight to the airport to pick up Julie.  She arrived around 9:30 PST which is 11:30 in Texas, so we got an early night on Friday.

Saturday morning started in Hollywood where we went to Grauman's Chinese Theater.  We also managed to see the Kodak Theatre and Julie actually got a really great picture of the Hollywood sign!  We saw all of the famous footprints and hand prints in front of the theater.

Kodak Theatre











                    
Grauman's Chinese Theater
































After Hollywood, I took Julie to Rodeo Drive.  There were a ton of amazing cars driving around Beverly Hills.  We went into several of the stores (mainly to laugh at the outrageous prices).  Julie actually bought something at Coach!






Yes, that is a Rolls Royce!!










After Rodeo Drive, we went back to my apartment to get ready for the evening.  Saturday night, we went to Santa Monica and ate at P.F Changs.  We had to wait about half an hour, but the food was great as usual and that made the wait worth while.  After dinner, we walked along the 3rd Street Promenade.  After looking at the stores and checking out a really nice view of the pier, we decided to actually walk down to the beach.  We walked all the way to the end of the pier and looked at the ocean.  Being a Saturday, the pier was very crowded.  We took some pictures in front of the Ferris wheel.


After the pier, we went back to the apartment because it was pretty late.  Sunday morning came very quickly and I decided to take Julie to USC.  I showed her all of the buildings that I frequent during the school week.  After an abbreviated campus tour, we visited my uncle who lives about 20 minutes away!  We spent an hour just talking and sitting by the pool.  The weather was perfect and the sun was shining.

Unfortunately, the end of the weekend was approaching rapidly.  After taking Julie back to my apartment, we only had time to eat quickly and get ready to leave for the airport.  After dropping Julie off, I tried to stay busy.  I went to the evening church service and I met some more great people.  The sermon was exactly what I needed to hear!

It was a terrific weekend, but it went by so fast.  I am really glad that I got to show Julie Los Angeles and I can't wait for the next visit!  Now I have to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment