Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why LA?

Well, I have finally decided to try out this blog thing.  I think that it will be good to write down my experiences as this move is a really big step for me.

Why LA?

I have wrestled with this question for a very long time.  For as long as I have wanted to be a musician, I have felt "drawn" to LA.  Maybe it's the cliche thing for an "aspiring rockstar" to dream of coming to LA seeking fame and fortune.  There really ARE people that come here to do that, but I know that this is not the reason I am here.  I am doing the most "anti-rock n' roll" thing possible by pursuing higher education (a Master's degree in Music from USC).  When I decided that music was what I wanted to do, I just realized that LA was the place for me.  It was quite simple.  I just knew that I had to go to LA.

I truly do believe that God is calling me here.  When the time came to make my decision, God closed many doors and made my path very clear.  I leaned on Him then and I will continue to lean on Him as I try to make a life out here. 

I have already met some very amazing people.  The church here is fantastic and I hope to share my musical gifts on the praise and worship team.  I am starting to write songs all of the time and I will use this blog to promote new music/lyrics as I write.

I am not sure what God has in store for me, but whatever it is, I know that His plan is perfect.  His love will never fail.

2 comments:

  1. dudeman thats tight, i love how God opened and closed doors to show you where he wanted you, praise him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear what's going on in your life bro! I know God has great plans for you and I can't wait to see them come to fruition

    ReplyDelete